Best Electric Golf Cart Batteries-Which Is Served You Long Times.
When you’re playing one of the best games in the world, golf, you sometimes want to use an electric cart, especially when you’re playing on a hilly or expansive course. These carts offer a lot of conveniences, and if you’re a bit older or suffer from various medical conditions, these carts make getting to and fro very simple and easy.
With all this said, if you’re using an electric model, you’ll have to have a battery to provide your cart with power, and from time to time, you’ll need to replace this battery or purchase another one as a backup. In this guide, we’re going to take a look at several models of golf cart batteries, and we’re going to show you what to look for in a new model.
Remember, your battery is important; without a good product, your cart may not be able to run for an entire 18 holes, which is why many golfers opt to upgrade their manufacturer’s batteries to more reliable and long-lasting models. Some battery models will see you through a few games of golf on a single charge! Check here how much cost for an electric golf cart.
Not only will you find different voltages of the best golf cart batteries, but you’ll also find products that charge in different ways. A good golf cart battery will have enough features to help improve the quality of your game, so let’s take a look at the different types available:
- Six, Eight, and 12-volt batteries – If you want a longer lifespan, you should take your cart’s voltage requirements into account. Each system is different, and in some situations, you’ll need multiple of a type of battery voltage to fulfill the requirements of your cart.
- Type of Battery System – For the most part, you’ll have a choice between absorbed glass mat, flood lead acid, and gel lead-acid batteries. Each of these has its advantages and disadvantages such as price and functionality. In most cases, it’s important to understand that flood lead acid is typically the least expensive but won’t last long. For longevity, gel lead acid batteries last longer than flood lead but require a unique charger. For well-roundedness, absorbed glass mat batteries operate at maximum capacity for the longest period and have a deep-cycle performance but will cost you the most.
- Charging Method – In many cases, you can charge your battery via standard wall outlets, but if you want versatility, finding a battery with solar charging can make a real difference.
Golf Cart Batteries Comparison:
Electric Golf Cart Batteries- Video Guide Review
Best Golf Cart Battery Reviews
The Best 6 Volt Golf Cart Batteries
If you’re in need of a quality six-volt deep cycle battery that won’t break the bank, U.S. Battery has a great battery for you to consider. The US2200XC2 six-volt deep cycle unit has a strong design that is made to be durable so that mishaps on the course won’t cause it to leak or spill. This product is a flooded lead-acid battery, so this is a fairly inexpensive item to consider.
This battery can be charged in numerous ways, including via solar charging, and the company has specifically designed this model to have a very fast cycle-up process. Internally, the battery uses innovative technologies like diamond paste and XC2 formulation to provide great performance on the links.
- Despite being a flooded lead acid battery, this product is designed to last.
- It has several unique and proprietary technologies that improve performance.
- This product has a fast cycle-up process.
- This product has issues with cold weather.
- It can start to degrade over time.
This particular battery was designed specifically to be rugged in most situations, and as a result, it’s rated not just for golf carts, but for applications like telephone switching systems, telecommunications systems, and firefighting equipment. It has a capacity of 200Ah, which means that you should easily be able to get through your games with this product.
- The battery is constructed of non-conductive plastic that’s very durable.
- It has an impressive capacity.
- It’s compatible with solar charging systems.
- It only has a one-year warranty.
- The battery is a bit on the heavier side of things.
- It can be somewhat slow to fully cycle-up.
One of the coolest features of this battery is the fact that it’s so meticulously manufactured so that you won’t have issues with it in your golf cart. For example, the company puts this battery through a rigorous 200-point inspection before producing it. This is also a durable option for golf carts that will last for years of use. It even has a slow discharge, which can be advantageous for the longevity of the product.
- The plates in this AGM battery are very thick.
- There are multiple ways to charge this battery, including via solar charging.
- This battery comes with an extensive warranty.
- This is a battery that is much less sensitive to overcharging than other AGM batteries.
- You’ll have to maintain this battery by watering it from time to time.
- The lifespan of the battery can be shortened if you don’t maintain it.
One of the chief advantages of a good solar charging battery is its ability to be recharged as you play, and this product from VMAX Golf excels in this regard. Not only is it an AGM deep-cycle battery that has a high capacity, but it also requires very little maintenance. This product also has stellar longevity; in fact, the company virtually guarantees an eight to 10-year lifespan.
- This is a very low-maintenance product – you won’t even have to water it.
- It’s resistant to low temperatures so that early morning golf won’t be a problem.
- With this six-volt model, you’ll get a much deeper discharge.
- The battery only weighs about 70 pounds, which means easy transport when needed.
- This won’t charge as quickly without a charger with a microprocessor.
The Best 8 Volt Golf Cart Batteries
According to the manufacturer, this product has a 30 percent higher capacity than many of its competitor products. The product is rated to run for almost six hours on a charge, which means that you should be able to play one and a half games on a single charge. It’s also fairly lightweight at only 62 pounds, and since you’ll most likely need more than one of these for your cart, you’ll have no problem loading them up after they are charged up.
- These batteries are fairly lightweight.
- This battery has a very durable design that works well for most golf outings.
- This is a VERY high capacity battery that will grant hours of play.
- You will have to water it from time to time.
- Despite the capacity, extra peripherals will quickly sap this battery.
This is another Trojan battery that stands out. The eight-volt version of their iconic golf cart battery line is known for its long-lastingness; in fact, this product can last for more than 50 miles of golfing, which should last you through years of games. Like its six-volt cousin, this product goes through a meticulous quality inspection, so you shouldn’t have much of an issue on receipt.
This is also a deep cycle battery that can take a few hits; Trojan is known for its detailed manufacturing processes, and as a result, this may be one of the best batteries for durability.
- This product has a fairly slow discharge rate.
- It has built-in vents.
- They packed in more than a few amperage outputs.
- You’ll have to water it.
- If you undercharge it, expect the lifespan to be shortened.
- It’s hard to find this battery outside of lots of six.
The Best 12 Volt Golf Cart Batteries
One of the best features of products from U.S. Battery is the fact that these are quality batteries that are designed to be budget-friendly. This is a monobloc battery, so the cells inside of the battery can be connected in a series or a parallel configuration. While you will need to water this battery, it is designed to last a long time with proper maintenance, and it has a fairly impressive 170Ah capacity that should see you through a game or two.
It’s also very easy to link these batteries, and you’ll experience extended capacity and performance.
- The company did a great job making a lead acid battery that has good longevity.
- It cycles up quickly.
- It’s designed to provide more raw capacity than many competing batteries.
- You’ll need to be very dedicated to maintaining this battery.
- When the weather turns cold, it can be slow to cycle.
While you may initially balk at the capacity of this battery, it actually is designed with standard games in mind. Each battery has a 35Ah capacity that will provide a few hours of play, but when combined, you should be able to complete a game on a charge. This is a sealed acid battery that is also very durable, so the bumpy rides that can happen on the course won’t cause you much issue. These are also very easy to carry – they have rubberized handles on top that won’t rip, even after years of use.
Universal Power Group even has a 75Ah variation for those that want more raw capacity at a 12-volt level of performance.
- These hold a charge for a surprising amount of time.
- Even after years of use, these batteries continue to keep up charge and performance levels.
- These are designed to be durable and are perfect for golf carts.
- These batteries may not fit every golf cart.
Sometimes, it’s good to have a maintenance-free battery because they are less to worry about during your game. This product is a sealed lead acid product, and as a result, has a spill-proof design that’s very durable. In fact, you can mount this product in just about any position and shocks and vibrations shouldn’t cause issues with its day-to-day functionality. While these don’t typically last as long as other types, this product should last you a few years at least.
- Each battery has rubber handles that make the MightyMax battery easy to carry.
- It comes with a 30-day return policy and a one-year warranty.
- These can be mounted in any position.
- Per battery, you’ll only get about one hour of playtime.
- Cold cranking can be problematic for this battery.
[amazon_link asins=’B00LCCLMES,B0711CT338,B00I93BK7W,B005CLPOQM’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’golfloves-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’65cf68f4-dc86-11e8-a407-ef12173260d5′]
How to Fill Your Electric Golf Car Batteries-Video
How to Test your Cart’s Battery-Video
We hope that the golf cart battery reviews that we’ve featured here provide you with a clear view of what type of device can enhance your golf game. Each of the products that we’ve featured here in this guide is designed to provide ample power and durability for your trip to the course, so feel free to reread to get the best info possible. Remember, not every product is for everyone, so take a look at the best golf cart batteries buyer’s guide so that you can know which features are best for your specific needs.