Last Updated on February 12, 2021 by Joas Root
When you’re playing one of the best games in the world, golf!
you sometimes want to use an electric cart, especially when you’re playing on a hilly or expansive course.
These carts offer a lot of conveniences, and if you’re a bit older or suffer from various medical conditions, these carts make getting to and fro very simple and easy.
With all this said, if you’re using an electric model, you’ll have to have a battery to provide your cart with power, and from time to time,
you’ll need to replace this battery or purchase another one as a backup.
Best Electric Golf Cart Batteries-Which Is Served You Long Times.
In this guide, we’re going to take a look at several models of golf cart batteries, and we’re going to show you what to look for in a new model.
Remember, your battery is important; without a good product, your cart may not be able to run for an entire 18 holes,
which is why many golfers opt to upgrade their manufacturer’s batteries to more reliable and long-lasting models.
Some battery models will see you through a few games of golf on a single charge! Check here how much costs for an electric golf cart.
Battery Considerations Today’s Low-Power, Long-Life Solid State Devices
Not only will you find different voltages of the best golf cart batteries, but you’ll also find products that charge in different ways.
A good golf cart battery will have enough features to help improve the quality of your game, so let’s take a look at the different types available:
- Six, Eight, and 12-volt batteries – If you want a longer lifespan, you should take your cart’s voltage requirements into account. Each system is different, and in some situations, you’ll need multiple of a type of battery voltage to fulfill the requirements of your cart.
- Type of Battery System – For the most part, you’ll have a choice between absorbed glass mat, flood lead-acid, and gel lead-acid batteries. Each of these has its advantages and disadvantages such as price and functionality.
In most cases, it’s important to understand that flood lead acid is typically the least expensive but won’t last long. For longevity, gel lead-acid batteries last longer than flood lead but require a unique charger.
For well-roundedness, absorbed glass mat batteries operate at maximum capacity for the longest period and have a deep-cycle performance but will cost you the most.
- Charging Method – In many cases, you can charge your battery via standard wall outlets, but if you want versatility, finding a battery with solar charging can make a real difference.
Best Golf Cart Batteries Comparison:
The Best 6 Volt Golf Cart Batteries
If you’re in need of a quality six-volt deep cycle battery that won’t break the bank, U.S. Battery has a great battery for you to consider.
The US2200XC2 six-volt deep cycle unit has a strong design that is made to be durable so that mishaps on the course won’t cause it to leak or spill.
This product is a flooded lead-acid battery, so this is a fairly inexpensive item to consider.
This battery can be charged in numerous ways, including via solar charging, and the company has specifically designed this model to have a very fast cycle-up process. Internally,
the battery uses innovative technologies like a diamond paste and XC2 formulation to provide great performance on the links.
Pros for U.S. GC2 US2200XC2 6V 232A Deep Cycle Flooded Acid Battery
- Despite being a flooded lead-acid battery, this product is designed to last.
- It has several unique and proprietary technologies that improve performance.
- This product has a fast cycle-up process.
Cons U.S. GC2 US2200XC2 6V 232A Deep Cycle Flooded Acid Battery
- This product has issues with cold weather.
- It can start to degrade over time.
This particular battery was designed specifically to be rugged in most situations and as a result,
it’s rated not just for golf carts, but for applications like telephone switching systems, telecommunications systems, and firefighting equipment.
It has a capacity of 200Ah, which means that you should easily be able to get through your games with this product. Check Price On Amazon.
Pros for NPP NP6-225Ah 6V 225Ah AGM Deep Cycle SLA Rechargeable Battery
- The battery is constructed of non-conductive plastic that’s very durable.
- It has an impressive capacity.
- It’s compatible with solar charging systems.
Cons NPP NP6-225Ah 6V 225Ah AGM Deep Cycle SLA Rechargeable Battery
- It only has a one-year warranty.
- The battery is a bit on the heavier side of things.
- It can be somewhat slow to fully cycle-up.
One of the coolest features of this battery is the fact that it’s so meticulously manufactured so that you won’t have issues with it in your golf cart.
For example, the company puts this battery through a rigorous 200-point inspection before producing it.
This is also a durable option for golf carts that will last for years of use. It even has a slow discharge, which can be advantageous for the longevity of the product. check price on Amazon.
Pros for 6 X TROJAN T-105 PLUS 6V 225 Ah. DEEP CYCLE FLOODED
- The plates in this AGM battery are very thick.
- There are multiple ways to charge this battery, including via solar charging.
- This battery comes with an extensive warranty.
- This is a battery that is much less sensitive to overcharging than other AGM batteries.
Cons for 6 X TROJAN T-105 PLUS 6V 225 Ah. DEEP CYCLE FLOODED
- You’ll have to maintain this battery by watering it from time to time.
- The lifespan of the battery can be shortened if you don’t maintain it.
One of the chief advantages of a good solar charging battery is its ability to be recharged as you play, and this product from VMAX Golf excels in this regard.
Not only is it an AGM deep-cycle battery that has a high capacity, but it also requires very little maintenance.
This product also has stellar longevity; in fact, the company virtually guarantees an eight to 10-year lifespan.
Pros for VMAXTANKS 6 Volt 225Ah AGM Battery
- This is a very low-maintenance product – you won’t even have to water it.
- It’s resistant to low temperatures so that early morning golf won’t be a problem.
- With this six-volt model, you’ll get a much deeper discharge.
- The battery only weighs about 70 pounds, which means easy transport when needed.
Cons for VMAXTANKS 6 Volt 225Ah AGM Battery
- This won’t charge as quickly without a charger with a microprocessor.
The Best 8 Volt Golf Cart Batteries
According to the manufacturer, this product has a 30 percent higher capacity than many of its competitor products.
The product is rated to run for almost six hours on a charge, which means that you should be able to play one and a half games on a single charge.
It’s also fairly lightweight at only 62 pounds, and since you’ll most likely need more than one of these for your cart, you’ll have no problem loading them up after they are charged up. check reviews on amazon
Pros fo Interstate Batteries
- These batteries are fairly lightweight.
- This battery has a very durable design that works well for most golf outings.
- This is a VERY high capacity battery that will grant hours of play.
Cons for Interstate Batteries
- You will have to water it from time to time.
- Despite the capacity, extra peripherals will quickly sap this battery.
in fact, this product can last for more than 50 miles of golfing, which should last you through years of games.
Like its six-volt cousin, this product goes through a meticulous quality inspection, so you shouldn’t have much of an issue on receipt.
This is also a deep cycle battery that can take a few hits;
A trojan is known for its detailed manufacturing processes, and as a result, this may be one of the best batteries for durability.
Pros for Lot of 6 Trojan T-875 8V Golf cart batteries
- This product has a fairly slow discharge rate.
- It has built-in vents.
- They packed in more than a few amperage outputs.
Cons for Lot of 6 Trojan T-875 8V Golf cart batteries
- You’ll have to water it.
- If you undercharge it, expect the lifespan to be shortened.
- It’s hard to find this battery outside of lots of six.
The Best 12 Volt Golf Cart Batteries
This is a monobloc battery, so the cells inside of the battery can be connected in a series or a parallel configuration. While you will need to water this battery,
it is designed to last a long time with proper maintenance, and it has a fairly impressive 170Ah capacity that should see you through a game or two.
It’s also very easy to link these batteries, and you’ll experience extended capacity and performance. check customers’ reviews on Amazon.
Pros for AGM Battery Deep Cycle
- The company did a great job making a lead-acid battery that has good longevity.
- It cycles up quickly.
- It’s designed to provide more raw capacity than many competing batteries.
Cons for AGM Battery Deep Cycle
- You’ll need to be very dedicated to maintaining this battery.
- When the weather turns cold, it can be slow to cycle.
Each battery has a 35Ah capacity that will provide a few hours of play, but when combined, you should be able to complete a game on a charge.
This is a sealed acid battery that is also very durable, so the bumpy rides that can happen on the course won’t cause you much issue.
These are also very easy to carry – they have rubberized handles on top that won’t rip, even after years of use.
Universal Power Group even has a 75Ah variation for those that want more raw capacity at a 12-volt level of performance.
Pros for Universal Power Group (35Ah)
- These hold a charge for a surprising amount of time.
- Even after years of use, these batteries continue to keep up charge and performance levels.
- These are designed to be durable and are perfect for golf carts.
Cons for Universal Power Group (35Ah)
- These batteries may not fit every golf cart.
This product is a sealed lead acid product, and as a result, has a spill-proof design that’s very durable.
In fact, you can mount this product in just about any position, and shocks and vibrations shouldn’t cause issues with its day-to-day functionality.
While these don’t typically last as long as other types, this product should last you a few years at least. check customers’ reviews on Amazon.
Pros for ML35-12 – 12V 35AH Sealed AGM Battery
- Each battery has rubber handles that make the MightyMax battery easy to carry.
- It comes with a 30-day return policy and a one-year warranty.
- These can be mounted in any position.
Cons for ML35-12 – 12V 35AH Sealed AGM Battery
- Per battery, you’ll only get about one hour of playtime.
- Cold-cranking can be problematic for this battery.
Electric Golf Cart Batteries Video Guides
Golf Cart Battery Video Review
How to Fill Your Electric Golf Car Batteries-Video
How to Test your Cart’s Battery-Video
Best Seller List: golf cart battery
- [48-VOLT 15 AMP CLUB CAR BATTERY CHARGER] - Includes 3-Pin Round plug for quick and easy charging of all 48 Volt Club Car DS and Precedent model golf carts with SIX 8 VOLT BATTERIES. Backed by a 18 month hassle-free warranty
- [WATER & DUST RESISTANT] - Features an IP67 weather resistance rating, the same rating found on some of today's most advanced smart phones, making it practically impervious to water, dust and vibration damage.
- [PLUG & FORGET TECHNOLOGY] - Engineered with innovative, soft switch technology allowing you to plug in your golf cart and leave it plugged-in without fear of damaging or draining your batteries, a common issue with many golf cart battery chargers.
- [LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN, CONVENIENT CARRY HANDLE & 16' OF TOTAL CABLE LENGTH] - Designed with convenience in mind, the MODZ Max48 weighs in at only 7 lbs and is more than 50% lighter than most OEM and aftermarket golf cart battery chargers, but don’t let the weight fool you. The MODZ Max48 battery charger is constructed with a durable die-cast aluminum alloy casing providing exceptional durability. The Max also features both 8' AC and DC cables allowing you to plug in your golf cart up to 16' away.
- [INNOVATIVE ONBOARD COMPUTER DETECTION] - One of the only golf cart chargers that works with onboard computer (obc) and non-onboard computer Club Car models with six 8v batteries. The Max48 also works with non-onboard computer models with four 12v batteries.
- ML35-12GEL is a 12V 35AH GEL rechargeable maintenance free battery
- Dimensions 7 68 inches x 5 16 inches x 7 13 inches Listing is for the Battery and Screws only No wire harness or mounting accessories included
- Compatibility Deep Cycle Solar 33Ah 34Ah 36Ah Sevylor Minn Kota Marine JohnDeere Lawn Tractor-Riding Mower 108 Kangaroo TG-31 Golf Cart Yamaha Rhino Utility Vehicle UTV Goal Zero Yeti 400 Solar Generator GENERAC OD4575 Inverters Signage Minn Kota Endura C2 Trolling Motor Wheelchair Scooter 33Ah Ritar RA12-33 Bat-Caddy X3R Golf Caddy Portalac TEV12360 Pontoon Trolling Motor Yuasa NPC30-12 NPC 30-12 Interstate DCM0035L Dyna Cell U1 U131 U132 Pride Mobility Sundancer Wheelchair
- True deep cycle battery that can be mounted in any position Resists shocks and vibration Long lasting high performance in high and low temperatures
- Factory activated GEL battery Maintenance free No acid pack needed Advanced design works right out of the box and requires no maintenance yet offers the option to prolong the standard life by adding extra electrolytes
- T-105 PLUS 6V 225 Ah
- 4GA Upgrade Wire.
- Copper Ring Terminals with Heat Shrink.Ultra-long pure copper wire lugs, corrosion resistant, low resistance. Heat shrinkable tube compartment to reduce contact with sulfuric acid and prevent the cable ends from corrosion.
- 6 surface heavy pressure wiring, the wire ear is in full contact with the wire, 100% does not burn the wire, and does not corrode. No heating when climbing, improve battery life and cruising range.
- Fits E-Z-Go 1994 & up. Each Set Comes : 4-10" BLACK, 1-13" BLACK, 1-25" BLACK, 1-25" RED.
- 600 volts.
- 6 botles one for each batery just add to batteries and in 10 days you should see longer run time shorter charge time more power up hills and speed on the flat
How much are batteries for a golf cart?
Depending on the battery type and the voltage, as well as the choice of replacing them yourself or having the local golf cart dealer do it for you,
A typical battery for a golf cart can cost from $500 to-1500, with some types of batteries going above $2000. Lead-acid batteries are cheaper than lithium-ion ones, and they require a little more maintenance while usually having a lower range.
What kind of batteries does a golf cart use?
Every golf cart will use a set of joined batteries, typically 6. These batteries are most commonly flooded lead-acid batteries,
Very rarely gel lead-acid or AGM, and now Lithium is more and more common. Usually, the voltage on these batteries is 6v, 8, and 12v. A set of 4 12v batteries gives a 48v battery in a golf cart.
Can you use 12-volt batteries in a golf cart?
There are 12-volt batteries specifically made for golf carts. Standard 12 volt car batteries are made to start up the car engine and not to run the car.
Running a golf cart on car batteries is in all honesty feasible, but the performance will be really under par.
The cart won’t run as fast, won’t carry so much weight, and the batteries’ charge won’t last as long.
How long does a battery last in a golf cart?
In normal circumstances, the batteries can last between 4 and 10 years, depending on factors such as the usage (club-owned carts are used more often than private carts),
The options of the cart (speed limit, light usage, and others). Proper maintenance of the cart can increase the batteries’ life span as well as the amount of mileage between charging while in use, which is usually somewhere between 25 miles and 40 miles.
We hope that the golf cart battery reviews that we’ve featured here provide you with a clear view of what type of device can enhance your golf game.
Each of the products that we’ve featured here in this guide is designed to provide ample power and durability for your trip to the course,
so feel free to reread to get the best info possible. Remember, not every product is for everyone,
so take a look at the best golf cart batteries buyer’s guide so that you can know which features are best for your specific needs. All The Golf carts Batteries On amazon.