Best Driver for Reducing Drag- PING G400 Driver
Firstly, the head of this driver is impressive looking. It is shaped almost like an egg so that the air goes over and under the head while your ball pushes through the air. In fact, this more streamline design can reduce the drag on the ball by about 15 percent, which will affect your golf game drastically.
This is a weighted model, so the center of gravity may be different than what you are used to, but this will help improve your average speed and distance each game. On the face, there are lines to show you where the sweet spot is located on the driver, and if you look at the top of the head, you can see corresponding lines there as well. This lower center of gravity is ideal for any golfer who is looking for a bit of forgiveness in their swing.
This driver does come with a cover, which will help protect your club when it is not in use. It is also available in both right- and left-hand models, so you can consider this option no matter which hand is dominant. This is not an adjustable option to use on the links, but if you learn which loft works best for you, you can easily purchase the right driver for your needs.
Since this is a driver that is not as adjustable as some of the other options that we have reviewed, Ping has provided you with options that you can decide upon when you are purchasing the club so that you can still play your best game of golf. There are two different shaft options; the first one is a mid-trajectory shaft that offers a counter to the weight of the head, while the second option is a heavier option that will give you a lower trajectory.
There are two versions of this driver that you can choose from as well. One is designed for individuals who need to minimize the spin on their golf ball, while the other is designed to improve the accuracy of your swing by giving you a straighter flight. The difference between these models is the location of the tungsten in the head of the club. Moving this weight will change the center of gravity a bit, and in effect, change your swing. Before you decide which option is best for you, it is important to examine your swing to see which will benefit you more. See more details here.
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $387.65Was: $399.99
- Price: $516.92
- Price: $387.65Was: $399.99
PING G400 Driver Video Review:
- Multi-material design reduces drag and elevates speed to enable longer drives and fairway-finding forgiveness
- Faster, streamlined design reduces drag by 15% over previous models to increase distance and club head speed
- Bolder Turbulators on the crown reduce aerodynamic drag and create more efficient airflow for added distance
- Dragonfly Technology creates ultra-thin crown sections to save weight, increase MOI and optimize CG location
- Tungsten Sole Weight raises MOI over 9000 to create PING's lowest, deepest CG for stability and forgiveness