Best Driver for Low Spin- TaylorMade 2017 M2 Men’s Driver
It’s also clear that TaylorMade has opted to use some truly premium materials in the construction of this driver. First, the crown utilizes a six-layer carbon construction, which not only looks great but also helps keep the weight down. Additionally, the remainder of the head uses a 9-1-1 titanium skeletal construction that also ensures a lightweight performance.
[amazon_link asins=’B01MZ6AHY0′ template=’ProductAd’ store=’golfloves-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’9e5d35c5-db77-11e8-8728-d546d37c37d1′]
From a pure performance perspective, this driver is designed specifically to provide a lower level of spin, which means that you’ll experience higher ball speed when you’re driving. That being said, when it’s time to hit, you may experience a bit less carry due to the lack of spin.
Because of the unique shape of this driver, the aerodynamics that you experience when you swing is going to be exceptional. The center of gravity on the club is located in the lower back, so when the ball is lifted into the air, the weight makes it easy to follow through on your swing. In addition, there are speed pockets located on the back of the head, which that helps to give you the distance that you are aiming for on the course. With this change in form, there are 25 additional grams of weight at the lower back of the club that will give you more accuracy and precision in each swing.
If you have trouble hitting the face of the club just right, you will be glad to know that this driver has a club that is a full seven percent larger, which means that you will have an easier time hitting the sweet spot. When you hit the ball with this club, it has a firm feel that makes your swing feel more powerful, and the sound that you hear when you hit the sweet spot can be heard from a good distance away. More details here.
TaylorMade has also incorporated their Geocoustic Technology, which not only provides a uniquely explosive sound when you strike the ball but also allows for the curvature of the sole to be more drastic and weight-efficient. The surface area of the face is also considerably large; there’s just a lot of forgiveness with this driver, which can help beginner golfers maximize their training on the links. This technology also stiffens the head structure so that there’s a reduction in weight.
[amazon_link asins=’B01NBR638D,B0785X59G3,B078HXT4LL’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’golfloves-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’ecb4c08f-db77-11e8-9733-2d45cc1241eb’]
TaylorMade 2017 M2 Men’s Driver Video Review:
- All-new multi-material construction saves weight & repositions CG low and back; 6-layer carbon crown with 911 skeletal Titanium body frees up weight and heavy back weight
- Geocoustic technology is advanced sole shaping with recessed toe panel that enables club face expansion for added forgiveness and externalized sound ribs
- Deeper, more active speed pocket with 3x more active than original M2 to increase flexion and forgiveness across the clubface and generates high launch/low spin shots to achieve massive distance
- Ff2ff precision process with crown-to-body craftsmanship of the highest quality and manufacturing repeatability for consistent look and performance
- Premium features and options include Fujikura XLR8 Pro Stock shaft with 30+ additional no-upcharge shafts, dual feel grip, and ultra-lightweight, aluminum, 4 degree loft sleeve with 12 settings